This document has been updated as of December 2014 for the Warlords of Draenor raiding environment.
Let’s start with some general questions, in no particular order.
- Gear – Is my gear for my spec around 620+ (please read the details of this requirement as you might need to be specific about ilvl for each spec independently)?
- Class – Do I know my class reasonably well?
- Addons – Are my addons current (updated), specific, and setup for raiding?
- Enchanting – Have I enchanted everything for my relevant stats and spec?
- Gems – Are my gems relevant and maxed were possible?
- Sundries – Do I have all the items I need e.g. buff food, flasks, repair gold, pots, trade upgrades (like speed belt for an Engineer), etc…?
- Research – Have I watched videos, read strategies, and generally done research that applies to both my specs for the expected bosses?
- Time – Will I be ready to start on time and do I have the time to go through to the finish?
- Technical Concerns – Is my connection reliable? Is my latency okay? Can my computer handle the fight?
- Self-Awareness – Am I prepared to go over my own performance and see if there is anything that can be improved?
- Mumble – And the setup of – specifically feedback. Will I be a hindrance while talking on Mumble?
Old raiders will likely be looking through this saying pft, I do all that, but some new players might look at this list and say ‘It’s just not worth it’. Firstly, it couldn’t be more worth it. When you down a new boss for the first time you will know what I mean. Secondly, this is not a list of ‘if you don’t know it, you can’t come’. What I am hoping to achieve through this document is twofold. To give old raiders an idea of priorities for War Mach